REQUIREMENTS FOR DEVELOPMENT
* SSH access
* For Drupal: drush installed [or able to be installed]
* Database users must have full permissions and privileges on any database those accounts are used for
* A CLI text editor [that is *not VIM/VI*] on the server
* Revision control system or repository — access to an existing one or approval to install. Prefer GIT or SVN
HIGHLY PREFERRED TO MAKE DEVELOPMENT FASTER — NOT REQUIRED
* Root on MYSQL / Access to root user for MYSQL
* Sudo/Root on server
* Each individual has own SSH login and not share login; if necessary we will share logins
* Emacs – CLI text editor
IF AT ALL POSSIBLE
* Ability to make configuration changes to Apache & MYSQL on command line
- PREFERRED – Debian-based servers
- OK – Ubuntu-based servers
- IF NEEDED – CentOS, Red Hat, FreeBSD
- WILL NOT DO – We will not do development on windows-based server systems
We take online security extremely seriously.
- PLEASE DO NOT email us unencrypted passwords — this is a security issue! If you do email us an unencrypted password, we will ask you to change it before we access your resource.
- We use SSH with public keys; just ask and we’ll send you a key.